Tax & IRS Attorney
Kamyar Mehdiyoun, Attorney at Law
Tax attorney, Kamyar Mehdiyoun, has more than fifteen years of experience in the practice of law. Prior to starting his private practice, he worked at several international law firms in New York, Washington, D.C. and Boston where he primarily focused on tax and corporate law. Mr. Mehdiyoun is licensed in Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and the District of Columbia and focuses his practice on tax law and tax controversies. As a tax lawyer, Mr. Mehdiyoun practices before the IRS in all 50 states and regularly handles matters related to federal and state tax problems.
Mr. Mehdiyoun holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center. In 2003, he received the Award for Excellence in Tax Practice and Procedure from Georgetown. He also holds a Certificate in Employee Benefits Law from Georgetown. He graduated from Boston College Law School with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 2000. Before entering law school, he was a doctoral candidate at Columbia University where he earned a Master of Arts degree and a Master of Philosophy degree both in political science.
Mr. Mehdiyoun has authored numerous articles in leading legal journals on tax and employee benefits law. To see a list of his publications, visit the News & Articles page.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. (Taxation), 2003
- Georgetown University Law Center, Certificate in Employee Benefits Law, 2003
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2000
- Columbia University, Certificate, Harriman Institute, 2001
- Columbia University, M.Phil., 1995; M.A., 1992
- City University of New York, B.A., magna cum laude, 1990
Court and Bar Admissions
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar (Member: Section of Taxation)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association